[Rhodes22-list] Answer to genius or stupid for Josef. (Political Statemen...

john Belanger jhnblngr at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 14 17:13:25 EST 2007

apparently not, including not remembering that we gave stingers to the rebels in afghanistan to repel the russians. but there are so many things wrong with this mess. for instance the first time i remember yellow ribbons in general use was when our embassy people were taken hostage in iran.  the intent was to show sympathy and unity with the captives. there may be more than a little truth in their use now though not as originally intended. are we a hostage in this conflict?  i say that sort of tongue in cheek because i do firmly believe that whatever it takes to support the troops is justified.
  heres a new point that i heard the other day, on the military channel of all places, though, regarding nuclear research in iran. the fact quoted in the piece, and if this is not correct i would like to be corrected, when koumeni came to power after the shah fell, he "reactivated" the shahs program in nuclear research!!  since iran was our ally under the shah, does that mean we said ok to that research at the time? i'm assuming that india and pakistan also were given ok's (and aid and assistance from us and /or the russians) at about the same time. and lastly i was told of what a blanketing we are in for in the coming election via phone internet television im's etc. where is a media blitz in iraq to counter the insurgents message? sorry for this rant but yahoo shut down my editorial outlet>

R22RumRunner at aol.com wrote:
  Josef,
With stupid, there are no bounds.

Rummy