[Rhodes22-list] HR 27 picture of shell

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Wed Feb 14 20:55:46 EST 2007

Rummy,

Thanks for the comes-up-every-year insight.  As a newbe I, and  probably the
rest of the crowd, don't know the answers to the  questions posed.  Maybe Stan
will elucidate.  You've been around  for a while, if you have any more
insights please post them.  I look  forward to viewing pictures of the hull, but I
think the questions are more  fundamental to the viability of any R27.  The
core issue in my mind is that  there are a lot of 25' to 30' boats out there,
what does the R27 bring that's  really compelling?  I imagine that selling
recreational sailboats is a very  tough business - all purchases are discretionary -
so I expect the R27 will  have to be a compelling vessel to compete in that
market.

If I understood Ed's recent post correctly, the R27 hull design has  been
around for years.  Is that right?   The molds and design  are  from
scorpioyachts?  What Gen Boats would offer that's  new and different is a new deck layout,
interior design, and sailing  rig? Anything else?

I'm just trying to understand.

Dave