[Rhodes22-list] Single handed over 25 feet

Joseph Hadzima josef508 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 14 20:19:30 EST 2007

Well if money wasn't an issue ... here is a boat over 25
feet that is easily single handed.  I got to fondle the
tiller at the Annapolis show  ... oooooo sexy!

      http://www.alerionexpress28.com/

BTW, it is NOT trailer-able :-)

Do you think the R27 (a.k.a. GB27) may be looking at the
same set of prospects as the Alerion?

The R22 is after a different market than the Capri22,
Precision 23, crowd, and thus the different price point.

having molds to make a hull is one thing, knowing you
intended market will help determine what you put into and
on top of the hull.

So I guess one of the first questions is what is the
current R27 Hull designed to do?  Recall design is about
trade-offs, and Stan must have an idea which trade-offs
were made in this design.  Then a list of possible deck &
rig designs can be generated for the various purposes.  Is
this a good race hull, or a cruising hull, .........

Then we'll know (I mean have an idea) what CAN be built, at
what cost, and whether there exists a market for this type
of craft.

I think a "board" (of directors, investors, nosey people,
etc.) meeting is in required ... complete with beverages
and a white board with those cool scented dry erase markers
(I can feel my head spinning now - no need for pot).