[Rhodes22-list] Bottom Paint

Slim stevenalm at comcast.net
Thu Feb 15 01:23:55 EST 2007

Art,

Sorry, I forgot to answer the rest of your questions.  I bought the stands
at West Marine after I did the job once without them when I stacked up a
bunch of cinder blocks and decided that was too much of a PITA.  The stands
work great and worth every penny IMO.  The bow is jacked up by the trailer
tongue jack and then timbers put under the keel and then the trailer lowered
down.  I painted with a standard 9" roller but brushed around the details on
the stern.  Brush the edges/details first then roll.  One gallon, two coats.
The photos turned out somewhat pixilated--my boot stripe isn't checkerboard
like it looks--they're stripes.

Hope this helps.

Slim