[Rhodes22-list] Harken Lazy Jack

Joseph Hadzima josef508 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 15 16:53:36 EST 2007

one key is to keep the lines loose enough not to hinder
sail shape, but taught enough not to cause something to
snag ... Another plus for the lazy jack is your main can
now have battans ... even full size

--- ASNOOCH at aol.com wrote:

> Mike,
>   I've installed that lazy jack system on my Rhodes 22
> for the  past 5 years.
>   I'm over 65, single handle most often on bays and Long
> Island Sound... It
> is a very effective system, finding it's only "trick" was
> the  determination
> of proper placement of the blocks.  Some consideration
> for  your particular
> sails battens may require additional compensation.  It
> does  permit me to with
> little effort, to single handed, start engine, furl jib,
> and  drop main just
> before entering a very busy harbor/anchorage area... with
> little  care of
> "stowing" the sails until dockside secure.  If properly
> adjusted it  will not
> interfere with the boom movement and could easily be
> adjusted to  support the boom if
> necessary.
>
> Burt   (The Golden Snooch)
> www.rhodes22.org/list

HADZ (a.k.a. joe)

"That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and hull and a deck and sails. That's what a ship needs. But what a ship is... is freedom."
-- Captain Jack Sparrow