[Rhodes22-list] Harken Lazy Jack

Luis Guzman trpclman at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 16 15:13:45 EST 2007

Rob,

  I have a 1975 Rhodes Continental that has a main with no reef points. If you don't have anything protruding on the boom, you can actually reef the main by pulling on the boom and twistting it to roll the main.

  I have not tried that yet, but I discovered it when I had to replace the gooseneck for the boom.

  Luis

Rob Lowe <rlowe at vt.edu> wrote:
  Slim,
OK, now I see. No, for some reason my main doesn't have reef points. But
then I have a Rhodes Continental (RC 249) from 1974 with the original main
and hank on jib. I'm saving my money to move up to a newer boat one of
these days with the IMF and furling jib. - Rob