[Rhodes22-list] Ghost Riders

Michael D. Weisner mdw at null.net
Sat Feb 17 10:11:11 EST 2007

Rummy,

OK, I'm in.  Let's go! 60 mph hull speed!

Current conditions
(http://www.findlocalweather.com/forecast/ghost+lake_ab_ca.html):
Cloudy. Wind west 60 km/h gusting to 80. High 9 C.

and from http://www.ghostlakerecreations.com/locate.htm:
Ghost Lake is nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains in the Bow
Valley Corridor. This picturesque location is ideal for water enthusiasts,
boaters and fishermen. We are located just 18km west of Cochrane on the 1A
Highway, 25 minutes from Calgary city limits. The lake is approximately 10km
long and 1.5km wide with an average depth of 60-90ft.

Small lake, ~6 miles long by ~1 mile wide.  Sounds like a real rush to go 60
mph for 5 miles and try to stop or tack in the last mile.  That's a 5 minute
sail before stopping!  Need a lot of rum!

Mike
s/v Shanghaid'd Summer ('81)

From: <R22RumRunner at aol.com> Saturday, February 17, 2007 9:25 AM