[Rhodes22-list] Roller Reefing on Rhodes Continental? Luis?Jay Bulfer?

Joseph Hadzima josef508 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 17 07:37:41 EST 2007

hi guys,

just a little "Oh Yea by The Way ..."

I know the Renyolds 33 (a catamaran) uses the roller boom
style of furling the main, the advantage they like to state
is it allows for full battans in the main, and a very quick
way to reef with unlimited reef points.  AND has the
advantage of having an adjustable mast which you can twist
to help point into the wind.  the Corsair trimarans have a
simular adjustment for the mast.

Another method (homebuilt) I have seen aon several smaller
older boats where the owners took a roller furling
(normally used for the head sail) and mounted it on the
boom parallel to the mast. so the main doesn't roll into
the mast, but along side. works with a loose footed main.
interesting set up, though not as sexy as Stan's IMF
system.

happy Saturday!