[Rhodes22-list] IMF "Reefing"; George just...

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Sat Feb 17 15:17:47 EST 2007

George,

Just follow Captain Rummy's directions.  It is just like replacing the main
sail.  Rummy and me took my main sail off to get fixed (sewed) and put it
back on and in.  It helps if you have two people and a large flat area.  We
did it in a boat parking area.  Use a digital camera and note pad.  Take
pictures and notes of what the picture means.  After you take the main sail
off, fold it up and send to sail care for cleaning and repair.  If any parts
look too worn to put back, send to Commodore Spitzer to duplicate.  The
parts do change from year to year.  If you take your time you can do it.
Alternatively, just come down to Lake Hartwell and we will find a place to
help you do it.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum:  marconi - the name of a three-cornered sail whose luff sets on a
mast-as opposed to the four-sided gaff-rigged sail; also called a Bermuda or
jib-headed sail