[Rhodes22-list] IMF Battens

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 18 08:26:08 EST 2007

Hank,
One vertical batten is in the sail at the leading edge of the sacrificial cloth, near the clue.  It could be stitched in with a strip of the same cloth and might help the sail somewhat, although not sure.  My original impression of vertical battens is full-length (very long) located at midpoint/s along the foot.  With our mast cross section dimensions, this would be a space challenge.  One might fit.  Any opinions?
Art