[Rhodes22-list] Harken Lazy Jack

TN Rhodey tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 18 09:21:47 EST 2007

Rummy,

Does beer weight the same as rum? A plus to cold weather sailing is I don't
need to carry any ice.

I love my IMF...one of the main reasons I got the R22. My comments are not
really criticisms and it does amuse me that folks seem to get defensive if
you say anything negative. My IMF works flawlessly and has never let me
down.

And like you I love the comments I get from my mates at the marina. If you
go to Blue Springs and ask them if they know me or my boat and they say
"no"...it means they don't sail. One of my biggest joys is going to the
marina on a day when the halyards are slapping. My routine is to open a
beverage and walk around the marina and say hi to my buds.They all have
really nice big sail boats. I ask "who is going out today"....as the
halyards slap and the dock rocks they all sit there and whine about not
having crew.  I then head to my slip and motor out to the main channel
sipping a beer. I always make it a point to give a big wave and blow my air
horn as I leave the marina and go out for a great sail.

Here is a reason I love IMF and furling genny ...a couple of years ago we
had a January race. I raced my R22 solo while it was snowing blowing a
steady 15 - 20 with gusts up to 25. Seven boats started that race and only 4
finished. I came in third out of 4. I beat a crewed Newport 28 before they
corrected time. A C30 pulled out with a blown main. Another boat just gave
up. I had my boat balanced perfect that whole race and these other guys were
way overpowered.

So I meant no disrespect to the boat....I was just commenting on some
differences.

Too cold to go sailing today,

Wally