[Rhodes22-list] Marina Musings, or The winter equivalent of watching grass grow..

Joseph Hadzima josef508 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 18 11:57:28 EST 2007

the freeze .. thaw ... perfect weather for harvesting maple
syrup!  yum yum

--- elle <watermusic38 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> ...is watching the ice on the creek melt. The sun's
> angle highlights the ice's edge, but it is a moving
> target; I look away & there is a wavelet where there
> had been a ridge a few moments before.
>
>   The churning water from the bubblers makes the boats
> dance, different moves from their bucking days earlier
> this week when the winds were the moving force. Some
> rock smoothly, some furiously hobby horse; maybe 'tis
> their location in relation to the bubbler.Who cares;
> just watching makes me seasick. 'Tis a waterborne
> 'Dancing with the Stars," where they are all Jerry
> Springer.
>
>   The store manager will be back part time next week,
> so I'll be back to working my original schedule. I
> cleaned & dusted & swept for a welcome back, noticing
> the high water marks from the recent storms we left on
> the door jambs as one would measure their children's
> growth: Isabel, '03, 34", Ernesto, '06, 28". High
> tides are the children of this oyster house. Actually,
> we should have six marks for Ernesto: it flooded each
> high tide for three days.
>
> I sit here & read 'da list' & and sort paper, readying
> the spring work lists for launchings, bottom
> jobs...HAVE Y'ALL PRICED BOTTOM PAINT? ,look over the
> creek (down here if it looks like a river they call it
> a creek), always thinking:IT WON'T BE LONG UNTIL MY
> RED BOAT IS HERE.
>
> The temps are on the way down again, and the cycle
> begins anew: freeze tonight, thaw tomorrow, then
> freeze, thaw...March, April....Sept,....Nov...freeze,
> thaw....
>

> We can't change the angle of the wind....but we can
> adjust our sails.

> It's here! Your new message!
> http://tools.search.yahoo.com/toolbar/features/mail/>
Name: Diamonds on the Creek_1.jpg Type: image/jpeg Size:
http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attch/200702/17/DiamondsontheCreek_1.jpg
http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attch/200702/17/MarinaStore.jpg
http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attch/200702/17/TheView.jpg