[Rhodes22-list] my overnite shakedown that shook me

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Mon Feb 19 15:27:43 EST 2007

Pete,

If you had to pull your boat back to where you started, your anchor
didn't drag.

If the line was still properly cleated on the bow, you either didn't
pull back on the rode, or you swung on the rode into the mangroves.

If you cleat from the stern, and using a snatch block pull the rode back
to the bow cleat before it enters the water you can vary the angle at
which the boat lies in the water relative to the anchor.  Done properly
this can often eliminate fishtailing or hunting.

Bill  Effros