[Rhodes22-list] Environment -- dimming bulbs

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Fri Feb 23 17:06:58 EST 2007

Hank, I use the FL lites for the majority of room lighting
in recessed "hats", a couple of incandescent floods where I
need quick light, such as hallways or over work surfaces
in the kitchen, and a few halogen spots for localized task
lighting.

We have not had a problem with a cold look, as our wall
paint has a bit of yellow - a small bit - and balances
the coldness of the FL lites.  We built the house recently,
so had a chance to make that compensation then.

Bedside lamps remain incandescent since they are on dimmers,
as does the dining room chandelier.

The choice of what light and where is the result of friendly
discussions with the admiral, who (despite her origins in the
snow capital of the east, Buffalo) is as careful with a
penny as anyone in Maine, and yours truly who needs a bit
more light to read fine print and work on clocks.

/Robert