[Rhodes22-list] Environment -- dimming bulbs vs. LEDs

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Fri Feb 23 18:10:02 EST 2007

Joe,

There are problems getting high output from small areas
of LED junctions, and the mochromatic output from the
junction is usually tempered by overlaid phosphors which
have their own limitations in light output.

As we have seen in the development of higher output LEDs
for navigational lights, the problems are gradually
being overcome.  Actually, I am surprised that we have
not seen a major breakthru in this area.  When it comes,
it will be like popcorn.

Can't wait!
/Robert