[Rhodes22-list] New To The Forum--CPT Tom

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Sat Feb 24 19:02:04 EST 2007

Tom,

Welcome to the list!  You won't be sorry you went with a Rhodes22.  Good
choices on options.

A couple of years ago I took a demo sail on a MacGregor26 with a naval
officer from Pax River--CPT Tom VanDerBerg.  Great guy.  Sold his MacGregor
to someone else and got a Bavaria36.  Just retired but still lives there.
One of our planned overnighters this summer is to the naval station.

I never met Colin Powell, but apparently he has a home nearby you.  He
tapped my army reserve medical unit to x-ray sealed lead coffins they dug up
at St. Mary's.  Looking for pre-industrial air that they haven't been able
to get out of old wine bottles or the pyramids.  Couldn't get it out of the
coffins either.  I stayed at the Pax River Navy Lodge.  What a boondoggle.
Never been paid so much for so little.  Nice place to be stationed.

I've had a standing bet on the Army-Navy game for the last seven years and
haven't won yet, but I won't hold that against you, or Hank.

I'm a scotch man but I'm now on my fourth Mt. Gay and Coke Zero.  Curse you
Rummy!

Happy sailing!

Lee
1986 Rhodes 22  At Ease