[Rhodes22-list] Wax Issues

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 07:29:57 EST 2007

OK Boys and Girls,

Here's the problem that someone on the list has surely seen from parking a
car or boat near trees.  Sometime over the winter my daily driver, the
shrimpmobile, collected thousands of almost invisible bumps on the trunk and
roof.  The largest are the size of a pin-head and the smallest can only be
felt.  My net research yielded that it may be 'bug' droppings instead of
tree sap.  WD-40 helps on the bigger ones provided you use a fingernail to
dislodge them.  Other suggestions such as denatured alcohol, degreaser, etc.
doesn't seem to help.  Polishing or waxing doesn't dislodge them - the wax
or polish accumulates around the bumps.   The surface looks shiny and smooth
but when you run your hand over it they're still there. There has to be
something out there that will soften these deposits and allow them to be
removed without gouging the clear coat.

What is it and how the hell to you remove them?

Brad