[Rhodes22-list] Raven's outhaul sketch.pdf

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Tue Feb 27 08:50:06 EST 2007

Thanks, Peter, I'll try it.

And thanks for taking the time to do the drawing.

When I got my boat it came with a boom car that had nothing to attach to
on the car, just a block.  When I replaced my IMF it came with a
different car.  The new car could be mounted in either direction...there
are many variations, and I've seen different R-22s rigged different
ways.  Your way makes a lot of sense, and I'm anxious to try it.

The new boom also came with the cam cleat directly under the hole in the
boom.  This is a good thing.  Very fast.  Stan has made a special
bracket for his boom that will allow you to retro-fit it.  I may still
try the clam cleats below the boom, as that sounds like a good idea,
too.  But the cam cleat below the hole allows you to fasten the outhaul
line exactly where you want it in an instant and tidy up later.

Bill Effros