[Rhodes22-list] 2008 Olympics in China (Humor)

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 16:40:54 EST 2007

Rummy,

The boss lady isn't here - not Fan, my sister-in-law (Jia).  If you really
want to go to the Olympics I'll cut you a deal you can't refuse.  Even if we
decide to go you  can stay in with us in Jia's apartment which has lot's of
room. Fan's parents live in ours when were gone and otherplaces when we're
there.  A lot of folks in Atlanta kicked their renters out in anticipation
of making a killing.  We rent one apartment out and keep the other one for
ourselves and Fan's parents).  We're not going to kick our renters out and I
don't care about making money off the Olympics.  Jia lives close to the
financial district during the week and only uses her apartment on the Third
Ring Road (south)  on the weekends. If there is a way to make a buck it will
be made during the Olympics.  Everything will be overcrowded but China will
put on a show that hasn't been matched since Munich in 1936.  I'm dead
serious Rummy, the first one that jumps on the deal will get the deal.  I'm
guessing a $1000 a week will satisfy the Chinese capitalists (relatives) to
the extent they'll forgive me for cutting an early deal.

Brad