[Rhodes22-list] Reply to Bob Skinner about 'My Doom' virus - retransmission

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Wed Feb 28 11:06:32 EST 2007

Bob,

     This A.M. about 7 EST, I checked emails.  I use outlook and norton and
electronic firewalll.  I received several routine emails when things went
into slow motion.  That happens when I am getting mega bite incoming,
program updates, and nasty stuff.  Shortly thereafter the screen flashed
that it had intercepted malicious email, did I want to see details?  So I
hit details, it said "mydoom" intecepted and removed.  It came from an
unkown email address, but had the rr's in it like some users of this list
have in theirs.  I further deleted that information and ran my windows file
cleaning program that erases to military secure specs.  I did not save any
other details other than mentally noted 'mydoom' and the rr in the email
address.  I did not want anything left around.  You may want to check with
the security people about this if it a reinfestation.  But fair warning to
anyone whose virus protection is not updated.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA