[Rhodes22-list] Bush Bumper Stickers - Reply to Brad

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Tue Jan 2 05:07:37 EST 2007

Brad:

              Nice reply to Bill, however, you addressed your reply only to
Bill.  Look at the other replies on this subject and count the fellow
travelers.  Bill was only the front man on this comment, and as he said
later, was merely copying another’s words.  I used to think that as a known
author and northeast journalist, Bill had the ability to write and erudite.
He seems to strive at proving me wrong.

	Again, as in the past, Bill and his followers fail to illustrate points
with facts and supple argument, merely using others’ bombastic language.

	On the other hand we now know who wanted prayer rugs for Christmas.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
 Addendum:  The following was written in 1965 during the cold war:

              “It is an interesting coincidence that the characteristics
Soviet leaders would like to develop in their Army – although they have some
reservations about doing so – are just those the American soldier comes by
naturally.  The characteristics which our forces need to strengthen –
physical conditioning, discipline, respect for authority, group as opposed
to individual orientation – are ones the Soviet soldier brings to the Army
because of his schooling and indoctrination.
	“For both Russia and the United States – and, on a wider scale, the
Communist and Free World – the characteristics to be improved through
training are at odds with the general outlook to the respective societies.
The Soviets are confronted with a basic problem:  To encourage the necessary
creativity and independence of actions is to run counter to the fundamental
teachings of Communist doctrine.  But discipline and respect for authority
are not unknown to Americans, and a shift in social attitudes could result
in great improvements in the weaknesses in our society that have become so
pronounced …”