[Rhodes22-list] Gracie is Gone With The Wind

Ronald Lipton rlipton at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 2 18:40:27 EST 2007

Ed,

    What makes you think I know anything about F-150 cruise controls?
Never owned a
Ford, let alone an F-150.  You might be able to find a shop manual in
your local
library.

Ron

Ron:

      Since you are up and about, I have a question about Ford F - 150
cruise controls.  Yes, the same familily of cruise controls involved in
all the litigation a few years back.  I am having an intermittant
problem with my cruise control.  I took it to a dealership and he
claims he could not duplicate the problem.
      A check of the internet finds others with similar problems.  So
much for Ford issuing instructions how to find and isolate a recurring
problem.
      The question for you is where can I pictures/ schematics  of the
workings of the cruise control.  Specifically, where can I get
instructions on how to get at the switch in the steering column and is
there any way to check the device that impliments the control signals
to the accelerator?

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum:  From 2007 Dictionary:
Noun 1. fellow traveller - a communist sympathizer (but not a member of
the Communist Party), sympathizer, well-wisher