[Rhodes22-list] sorry to see the season end

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Wed Jan 3 09:57:02 EST 2007

Dan,

The trips to Winnipesaukee were made with a group of trailer-sailors
affectionately known as keelhaulers in the early 80s.  Lake traffic wasn't
too bad, although we were escaping from the Lake George (NY) folks so
anything would have been better.  Of course, nobody worried about a BWI in
those days and the beer did flow.  Sunapee was an alternative destination
that we had never tried but I always wanted to.  From your pix it is plain
to see that Pleasant Lake is really beautiful, especially in fall foliage
colors.

Nowadays, I would be afraid to put that many miles on my old trailer, even
though my current vehicle is much better suited to the task than the car
that I used way back when.   Since I travel less than 5 miles a year with
the trailer (once a year to and from the Nissequogue River), I am reluctant
to purchase a replacement, although there sure are a lot of pretty lakes
that cannot be accessed from the LI Sound.  Anybody want to sell a trailer,
cheap?

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)

From: "daniel snyder" danielsnyder at adelphia.net Sunday, December 31, 2006
3:17 PM

> Mike, I just recovered many emails, including yours, that my earlier
> email system had not delivered.  So pardon my lateness.  We live on
> Pleasant Lake which is a few miles from Lake Sunapee.  The boat is new
> so it spent the whole summer on our lake.  I plan to trailer it over to
> Sunapee and also Lake Champlain which is a straight two hour shot from
> here.  Winnipesaukee is also very near hear but the power boat traffic
> is much greater there.  Did you enjoy the R22 on Winnepesaukee?  Dan in NH
>
> Michael D. Weisner wrote:
> > Dan,
> >
> > What a real beautiful shot.  Colors are sooo vivid!  Normally, I'd ask
why
> > the neighbor isn't onboard except if you had taken her out, we wouldn't
be
> > able to see the beauty of NH in the fall.
> >
> > I'd almost forgotten how pretty the area is.  Are you on Sunapee Lake?
We
> > used to bring our R22 up to Lake Winnipesaukee.  I always wanted to try
> > Sunapee.
> >
> > Mike
> > s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
> >
> > From: "daniel snyder" <danielsnyder at adelphia.net> Sent: Friday, November
17,
> > 2006 10:38 AM
> >

> >> I'm thinking about all the lucky ones on the list who still have
sailing
> >> weather.  Despite our crazy 60 degree weather here in NH today, Lady
Grace
> >> has been put in storage for our long winter.  Since Elton delivered her
> >>
> > here
> >
> >> in May she saw almost daily sailing.  A neighbor using a telephoto lens
> >> caught me on my last sail before pulling her from the lake.  He also
> >>
> > managed
> >
> >> to catch our fall colors in the snap. Thought you'd enjoy the photo.
Hope

http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attch/200611/17/headonshotrhodes22lastday2006.jpg