[Rhodes22-list] 2nd Reply to Brad about Problem

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 21:10:10 EST 2007

Ed,

Sorry, my ADD is kicking in again.  This may seem over simplistic but it
works on big jets and is the default first attempt at solving any problem.
SWITCH, BREAKER, BOOK, BOOK, BOOK.  Switch - turn it off, turn it back on.
Breaker - pull the circuit breaker, let it cool for two minutes, push the
breaker back in.  Book, Book, Book - let's not go there, to much regulatory
bullshit. The point is, most electrical system problems are connection or
heat related. If the cruise control works sometimes, you have a connection
issue or a heat related "brain box" issue.  I've got a $100 bill in my
pocket that I'll bet on every single component being OK. Pull every
connection and ground on the cruise control computer, throttle actuator,
etc., spray with WD40, and reconnect.  Most shops don't troubleshoot
anything but simply replace parts, starting with the most expensive one
first.  Your cruise works when you first use it because everything is cold.
It doesn't work after you shut down because of heat build-up and a bad
connection/ground somewhere in the system.  The fact that it works sometimes
tells me that the individual components are working.  A shop will replace
components one at a time until something "fixes" the problem, when the real
fix was simply making a bad connection good.  This is time consuming but I
bet solves the problem.

Brad