[Rhodes22-list] Sticking swing keel

Bud budconnor at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 7 20:56:13 EST 2007

My swing keel is getting stuck in the "up" position ... and I think it
is due to barnacles.
I have cleaned several barnacles out of the "slot" from under the boat -
though the rest
of the hull is very clean with no marine growth (am using Pettitt
anti-fowling paint.)
I suspect the anti-fowling has worn off the inside of the center board
trunk and
marine life has found a new home.  What are some cleaning methods folks
use to
clean out the center-board area while the boat is still in the water?
Does anything
work better than taking a stick and trying to knock the barnacles out of
there?

Thanks,
Bud Connor
Melbourne, FL