[Rhodes22-list] An inconvenient reality.

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 21:34:03 EST 2007

Chris,

Let's keep things in perspective.  How much lead does GA's 100LL release to
the environment and how much are we putting the worlds population in harms
way?  Don't know?  Neither do I, but the eco-harrasment industry thinks they
do. Most of these pin-heads have never been out of their own county, much
less to a third world country, but they have all the answers!  Not polluting
is common sense, but this crowd needs a target.  You don't like 'Big Oil',
fine, let's go back to killing whales for lamp oil.  Scientists chase
funding the same way crack-whores chase everything they do  here on the
coast - post Katrina.  That doesn't mean they're not good honest people,
they just have vested interests.  I like doing business with people who let
you know up front that they're out to get in your wallet, they are
much easier to deal with.  It is the people who are show up and represent
themselves from the government, or quasi-government institutions, and "are
here to help you" that scare me. Come down to the 'hood' where we fight
every day and I'll show you around.  This ain't about theory, this is
reality. I have no interest in Eurotopia or any other fantasy.  Right now,
we're addicted to oil and there's no easy way out.  Hubbert was part of the
2% who wasn't dependent on academic public welfare (he worked for big oil),
and his theory has been proven to be correct. We'll solve this inconvenient
truth one way or the other, and I'll put my money on those capitalistic pigs
finding the solution before the self-righteous crowd does.

Brad