[Rhodes22-list] Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Investments (Poltical)

David Bradley dwbrad at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 14:53:57 EST 2007

Bill, I'm not sure what you want me to disavow.  I have no legal basis for
asserting my opinion.  Just a close seat with a decent view.

I moved to Seattle to go to work for another Bill Gates company (not
Microsoft).  My CEO has been working closely with Bill for about 20 years,
and has been involved in a number of issues with the Foundation given his
legal background.  I've been very impressed with what I've seen and heard.

Dave

On 1/9/07, Bill Effros <bill at effros.com> wrote:

> Disclaimer, please.
>
> Bill Effros
>
> David Bradley wrote:
> > The work they are doing at the foundation is incredible, and people
> > underestimate how far they have to push the envelope on non-profit
> > governance and organizational capability to manage an undertaking on
> this
> > scale.  Imagine what this will be in five years...
> >
> > Dave B.
> >

> > On 1/8/07, Michael D. Weisner <mweisner at ebsmed.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Microsoft bashing seems to be almost a sport nowadays but how many of
> >> the
> >> arguments have any real substance.  Yes, I realize that 70% of the
> >> world's
> >> largest websites use Linux, Apache and other open source software,
> >> but, I
> >> still need a Windows PC for many of the applications related to my
> work.
> >>
> >> This LA Times article, which has been widely cited in the last day or
> >> so,
> >> examines whether the purchase and use of Microsoft software products
> are
> >> somehow good for the advancement of public health in poor countries,
> due
> >> the efforts of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation:
> >>

> http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-gatesx07jan07,0,4205044,full.story
> >>

> >> Mike

David Bradley
+1.206.225.7793