[Rhodes22-list] Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Investments (Poltical)

David Bradley dwbrad at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 15:53:58 EST 2007

*dis·claim* <javascript:popWin('/cgi-bin/audio.pl?discla01.wav=disclaim')>
Pronunciation: dis-'klAm
Function: *verb*
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French *disclaimer,* from *dis-* + *
claimer* to claim
*intransitive verb*
*1* *:* to make a
disclaimer<http://www.merriamwebster.com/dictionary/disclaimer>
*2 a* *obsolete* *:* to disavow all part or share *b* *:* to utter denial
*transitive verb*
*1* *:* to renounce a legal claim to
*2* *: DENY <http://www.merriamwebster.com/dictionary/deny>,
DISAVOW<http://www.merriamwebster.com/dictionary/disavow>
* <*disclaim**ed* any knowledge of the contents of the letter>

Never thought I'd have to do that for you, of all people, though I'm
guessing you'll have a better dictionary.  Ed must be pleased.   -)

On 1/10/07, Bill Effros <bill at effros.com> wrote:

> No, no, not disavow; disclaim.
>
> This will do.
>
> Bill Effros
>
> David Bradley wrote:
> > Bill, I'm not sure what you want me to disavow.  I have no legal basis
> > for
> > asserting my opinion.  Just a close seat with a decent view.
> >
> > I moved to Seattle to go to work for another Bill Gates company (not
> > Microsoft).  My CEO has been working closely with Bill for about 20
> > years,
> > and has been involved in a number of issues with the Foundation given
> his
> > legal background.  I've been very impressed with what I've seen and
> > heard.
> >
> > Dave
> >

> > On 1/9/07, Bill Effros <bill at effros.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Disclaimer, please.