[Rhodes22-list] Bill, SC is not NC

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Thu Jan 11 14:46:39 EST 2007

Bill,
     Greenville, SC, is 400+ miles from Edenton, NC.  Different part of USA.
If you want to stay at Spitzer Hilton, I would suggest it is a seperate
trip.  The best driving time is about 7 1/2 hours, knowing the way and very
limited stopping.
     Now Seneca, SC, is a very different story.  Seneca is an old town made
new by all the development around Lake Keowee.  Many exclusive homesites and
golf courses.  There is sailing on the lower section of the lake, but the
lake has two parts.  I doubt that sailboats get under the bridge by the
nuclear power plant.  Lots of nice developments north of the power plant.
If you have specific questions ask, I am very familiar with mountains west
and north of the lakes.
      Parts of Lake Hartwell are south of Seneca and Clemson.  However,
other than the Clemson sailing team, very little sailing is done on those
parts of the lake due to bridges.
      Sailing waters begin at Rummy's house.  He is about as far north of
the sailing parts of the lake as you can get.  Ask him details.  Now Captain
Bob Keller has a house on another finger of the lake in Georgia.  Maybe his
house is for sale since he moved to Savannah.
       Again, South Carolina is like the name says, south of North Carolina.
If your visit to Seneca happens on a Friday or Saturday, I  recommend
upcountry South Carolina cursine:
http://www.cellartastings.com/en/restaurant-guide/sc/pendleton/just-more-barbeque/1124028511.html
You should note that Rummy does like places like this because they are non
alcoholic.  However, the atmosphere is traditional to this area of the USA.
        If your dining requires spirits then about 1500 feet from Rummy's
front door is a place trying to move up in the star ratings:
http://www.portmanmarina.com/galleymain.htm
While I have not gone there yet, it is on my list.  I have heard it is fine
dining and excellant food.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum: