[Rhodes22-list] War - Last Reading Assignment

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 08:09:17 EST 2007

Rummy,

What "Stormin' Norman" said was that we never should have taken the war on
as our own fight to begin with. He thought the South fought bravely and
deserved our support. During the escalation between 1965 and 1968, we quit
working alongside their soldiers and isolated ourselves.  Gen. Abrams
changed that but by then the war was lost on US soil in public support.
There will never be a consensus on Vietnam, but this is certain, when we
pulled the funding, South Vietnam fell and 3 million Vietnamese were killed,
not the 300,000 young John Kerry predicted. To say that the Iraqi's aren't
willing to fight for their freedom is a bit cynical.  Seventeen million men
and women voted in three elections at great personal risk.  Go read the 203
page review of our efforts in Military Review that I posted and then
convince me the Iraqi Army isn't willing to fight.

Brad