[Rhodes22-list] Flat Tax Anyone?

Bud budconnor at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 12 20:40:46 EST 2007

Rik,
  i did peruse the fairtax web site, and I like what I saw (though I
just came back from a street party and the wife
had to drive.)   The thing I like about a national sales tax is that:
  - Americans don't have to spend hours doing a tax return in April
  - anyone who sets foot on our soil (and spends money) pays the federal
sales tax to
     cover the cost of the liberties/freedoms/clean air/Disney/etc. they
get to enjoy while they are here
  - everybody pays.  If you spend money (rich or poor) you pay.  If the
rich spend more, they pay more
     dollars (albeit at the same rate.)

-Bud