[Rhodes22-list] Wh said this? Anyone know?

FCrawford0707 at aol.com FCrawford0707 at aol.com
Sat Jan 13 15:28:32 EST 2007

In a message dated 1/13/2007 2:03:01 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
R22RumRunner at aol.com writes:

"Son,  never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's  probably a
self-righteous sort,  a man who thinks he knows right from  wrong all the
time. Some of
them are good  men, but in the name of  goodness, they cause most of the
suffering in the world.  They're the  judges, the meddlers. And, son, never
trust a
man who drinks but   refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of
something
deep down  inside,  either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and
violent.
You can't trust a  man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son,  you can
trust a man who  occasionally kneels before a toilet. The  chances are that
he is
learning  something about humility and his  natural human foolishness, about
how to survive  himself. It's damned  hard for a man to take himself too
seriously when he's  heaving his  guts into a dirty toilet bowl."
Rummy

Rummy - That one is so good I sent it on to our old buddy Steve Mutart,
still an Eagles fan in sunny southwest Florida.
        Frone Crawford
    s/v Sunday Morning