[Rhodes22-list] Flat Tax Or Flat Tire?

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Sun Jan 14 16:24:16 EST 2007

Bill:
     If you go back and read fellow New Yorker's original proposal, that is
Steve Forbes, the intention was simple to understand.  First there would be
a minimum income level, see Brad's statement of $40,000.  Then there was an
adjustment for number of dependents.  That was in there to take care of
Rummy's concerns.
      After the base level was establish, all income was taxed at a single
rate.  The original proposal had no deductions for mortage interest nor
medical expenses.  The real estate and banking lobbies went ballistic.
Liberals ( you know who I refer to) said the taxes will fall on the working
people.  Go and look at the Wall Street Article that Brad posted about
Kerry's wife's tax rate.
       If you had no deductions and expemptions as originally proposed the
tax shelter industry would have to get a real job.  You know, like write
books.
        There is nothing hard to understand, unless you are against it.
http://www.ctj.org/html/forbedis.htm

http://www.ctj.org/

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA