[Rhodes22-list] Flat Tax Anyone? What is fair Dave(political rant)

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Sun Jan 14 20:02:24 EST 2007

Brad,

How is "income" defined here?

Does the "flat tax" replace all other taxes?

Is the gasoline tax gone?

Are tobacco and liquor taxes gone?

Can cities and states tack on other taxes over and above the "flat tax"?

Are property taxes gone?

What about taxes on the sale of securities and real estate?

What about fees charged by the government?  Why should the government
charge for entry to parks?  Or postage?  Or fees for passports?  Aren't
these all just hidden taxes?

Please fill in some more blanks on how the "flat tax" actually
works--how everything becomes so simple and fair.

Bill Effros