[Rhodes22-list] Taxes - Timely Article

3drecon at comcast.net 3drecon at comcast.net
Thu Jan 18 14:58:50 EST 2007

I have deliberately stayed out of all the political discussions lately, but I am compelled to comment.  If this has been addressed, then I apologize (I refuse to read all the previous tax e-mails).  The Flat Tax, Fair Tax, National Sales Tax, or any other tax that will replace the current system can work and can work well under a number of circumstances however; the one event that must occur is the repeal of the 13th Amendment authorizing the Income Tax.  No matter what Congress passes, a future Congress could otherwise reinstate the income tax on top of any other tax solution (and they will).

Philip

From: "Brad Haslett" <flybrad at gmail.com>