[Rhodes22-list] Bill W and Charleston, SC

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Wed Jan 24 17:07:24 EST 2007

Bill:
             Ah, you did not say this is a trip for your wife and daughter.
And they have been to Charleston before.
             Dolphins?  Try Edisto Island, but they never got close enough
to touch.  They do have ramps and docks.  Might be able to rent a house on
backside that would handle a R22, tides are an issue.  However, sailing out
in the Atlantic would not be difficult.
             Ripley Light Marina has a Hampton Inn adjacent, but I am not
sure they have transient dockage.  Now your wife might want to stay downtown
for the flavor of Charleston.  Consider the  Ashley Marina just up the
street from the City marina.
               Again, since your wife is involved, Shem Creek is a must for
dinner.  This is the place that sets the standard by which all other Shem
Creek places are measured:
http://www.rbsseafood.com/
And not as expensive as Hilton Head.  As I said in the prior post there is a
public ramp on the other side of the road.
               There are motels on the Mt. Pleasant side of the bridge that
have kitchettes.  I use Mainstay Suites Mount Pleasant, 400 McGrath Darby
Blvd, Mount Pleasant, SC, 29464 when my daughter makes her annual pilgrimage
to Charleston.  It was clean, convenient and I would go back.
               You are aware of the Charleston Fish Zoo (aka aquarium)?

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA