[Rhodes22-list] uncontrolled communication

Joseph Hadzima josef508 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 27 06:58:45 EST 2007

HI Ed

I guess I'm not doing an adequate job of communication
here. I still feel miss understood, but I think I
understand your defense of Capt Rummy.  I meant no
disrespect to him.

As for being "reproachable", I wasn't referring to Rummy,
but to his use of the term of uncontrolled, which I
perceived as a negative attribute of the boat's stability.
Since this is the first time I've seen what I consider a
"con" vs "pro" for the Rhodes, I'll stand by my remark; and
accept your word that there have been other negative
comments made in the past on this list regarding this
craft.

Speaking of stability, perhaps you can explain the
difference between "tender" and "spirited" as it applies to
the Rhodes22.  Perhaps Rummy's comment was second? :-)

As for putting the portlights awash, Paula likes to control
when they need it.

If you count getting the kid to "driver education class" on
Saturday - then, yes school does run on the weekend.  There
are other reasons we're waiting until April, but school is
the primary.

I hope this message clarifies the meaning of my initial
attempt at a little humor with my comments.  Perhaps I need
a comedy writing class, before I attempt to be glib again.

"It takes a lot of hard work to be glib"
Duddly Moore, as Arthur in Arthur.

happy sailing and thanks for the links!

http://hubcap.clemson.edu/~pjf/sailing/sailing_calendar.html