[Rhodes22-list] speaking of solar panels

Joseph Hadzima josef508 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 28 07:13:11 EST 2007

Thanks elle & Art!

I had assumed the pannel utilitiy was related both to
consumpson, and latitude; and since you're also just above
the 37th latitude, I appreciate your calculations.

--- "Arthur H. Czerwonky" <czerwonky at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Elle,
>
> Excellent perspective on the panels.  They don't bring
> much to the party.  I bought one of the LED utility
> lights from Boaters World at the Annapolis - not bad at
> all, and low power consumption.  I bought LED Xmas lights
> before the holidays, for next year's boat parade in
> Savannah possibly.  Five strings powered thru a 70 watt
> inverter (the lights were a/c because the DC were sold
> out) were no problem at all, plenty for 80' of big LED
> bulbs.  The mfg will not comment on amp draw, but it must
> be minescule.
>
> I really think the stability questions about the Rhodes
> have been  overdone, therefore of concern to you, Hadz,
> and others.  Each of us skipper has our own comfort
> boundaries, and this remarkable craft has the ability to
> adjust accordingly.  If you find the boat sensitive to
> particular winds, it is so simple to trim either main or
> genny.  Bill likes to stay level on the water in the LI
> area, even with the ability to steer with weight
> distribution.  Match that...
>
> I really don't think there is a boat to compare with
> our's in any catagory except maybe competitive racing
> with IMF.
>
> I can't wait to read your first postings after you
> receive yours.  We will hear the Oh's! and Ah's in
> Atlanta, at Hartwell, and at Edenton without fail!  I can
> bet you're ready to get underway.  If you are a little
> short to see the bow, nary a problem because you will
> just levitate.
>
> Many cheers,
> Art

HADZ (a.k.a. joe)

"That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and hull and a deck and sails. That's what a ship needs. But what a ship is... is freedom."
-- Captain Jack Sparrow