[Rhodes22-list] speaking of solar panels

Bud budconnor at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 28 11:13:17 EST 2007

I agree with Bill on having an electric start w/ a charging circuit.
The Yamaha 9.9 generator will put out 70watts when the motor
is running, which will charge your battery in a hurry - faster than
a solar panel.  Though what I wonder about ... If the battery is
already charged up, and I run the motor for 1/2 and hour, what
are those 70watts doing to my battery?  Is my battery starting to
get cooked??

For the bigger solar panels, you can get an "overcharging protection"
circuit.

-Bud (at 28.1 north)