[Rhodes22-list] Captain Effros

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Sun Jan 28 18:44:14 EST 2007

Ed,

Northern Tools has 5 watt folding panels with multiple outputs for $35.
You can plug them into a cigarette lighter socket on the boat and they
will boost the battery charge.

West Marine had a sun driven battery recharger.  You put in 8 batteries
and get a 12 volt portable output.  Or you plug the folding solar panels
into the unit and it brings all the rechargables back up to full power.
Or you plug the unit into your cigarette lighter socket and the the unit
with the greater voltage will charge the other.

It works well because the 5 or 6 remaining batteries quickly bring the 2
or 3 discharged batteries up to a usable level, and over time they all
regain the highest possible charge from one power source or another.  It
doesn't take long to bring all the batteries up to full charge--which is
indicated on the charger.

Bill Effros