[Rhodes22-list] Constellation overnights

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Tue Jan 30 08:52:46 EST 2007

Tootle wrote:

> ... Bob Skinner never checked out the details.
> ... However, if Slim had trouble getting into a berth, maybe Bob is
> chicken to try, and stay overnight.  You would have thunk that somebody
> would have contacted that organization about details for staying over night?

1.  Your suggestions, while often interesting, are not imperatives.

2.  Chicken?!  Are you off your meds again, Ed?

Really, I have no desire to sleep aboard the Constellation.

She is a great ship, a symbol of our past.  But I don't
want to spend a night in the company of the souls who died
aboard her, or screamed in their agony as a surgeon sawed
off a shattered limb.

Turning her into a floating hotel is an odd perversion of her
proud history, perpetrated by bean counters with no feeling
of what this ship represents, or what she has been through.

Yes, Ed, I do have a grasp on the details -- the ones that
matter to me.

/Robert