[Rhodes22-list] Katrina Update

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 18:43:00 EST 2007

Joseph,

I'm no  big fan of FEMA but in their defense, they did a good job of living
up to their title:  they responded to the emergency.  They didn't stop the
hurricane at sea, they didn't get people out of NOLA (local responsibility)
and they didn't rescue people off of rooftops.  The Navy, Marines, Army,
Coast Guard, and especially the local state Guard and Reserve units did
- wonderfully.  The Red Cross and Salvation Army were almost immediately on
the scene and need to be recognized.  A lot of private and public companies
poured millions of dollars and man hours into the initial efforts and
deserve to be recognized as well.  Now we're down to the nitty-gritty work
of rebuilding.  Who's responsibility is that?  Not mine, not yours, and not
the federal governments!  We work with commercial property owners every day
who say, "we're ready to sign a contract but we we're waiting to see what
FEMA is going to do".

How about this for a solution.  FEMA ain't goin' to do shit!  Grow up!  You
either had insurance or you didn't, you either planned for this or you
didn't.  You'll either clean-up your shit or you'll be fined by the city
government for the cost to do so.  If you can't afford to keep the property,
there's plenty of East and West coast investors who will buy your property
and make it happen.  Got it?  Shit happens!  Get over it!

BTW, we could use at least two more reliable employees.  By reliable I mean,
you want out of your FEMA trailer, you are not on disability or looking for
an opportunity to get on disability.  If you have a drivers license it would
help.  My apologies if you are Mexican, we can't hire you though no one
knows better than us that you the hardest working son's a bitches on the
coast.

Brad