[Rhodes22-list] Katrina Update

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Wed Jan 31 05:16:27 EST 2007

Dave L:
You said, “The public system can work, but somebody has to lead it and make
it work. Like any large bureaucracy”.  Those people had names like Stalin,
Hitler, and Mao.  Your belief in ‘fellow traveling’ is consistent with the
sheep waiting for the other person, like Fema, Fed Gov, to solve the
problems.  You and they have developed a television personality.  Just press
the button and the channel will change.
	When major disasters cause widespread destruction, you cannot expect the
problems to be fixed overnight.  Such an expectation is not in touch with
reality.  Get over it, the damage is not Bush’s fault.  The repairs will
take decades.  Take Brad up on his offer and spend a week on the Gulf Coast
just helping out.  You might grow as a person.  You might even develop some
leadership skills.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA