[Rhodes22-list] long week-end--reply to Jerry

James Barron jbarron1 at cinci.rr.com
Sun Jul 1 23:07:24 EDT 2007

Jerry

Very nice photos.  I have made the first (darkest) my desktop background.
 Looks great.

We spent the night on the boat for the first time Saturday and it was very
comfortable
with the PTE.  Beautiful full moon rose and lit up the lake.  On Sunday, we
got a number
of compliments from other members of the sailing club, and some came aboard
look things over.  "This cockpit is huge for a 22 foot boat."

Sailing on Sunday was very fun, Kathy took the helm and agreed the helm is
sensitive and
the boat responds nicely.  Turns on a dime.

Our mooring ball and triangle dock are in a cove that is protected from the
wind UNLESS the
wind is coming from the northeast.  We had strong winds from the northeast
and were worried
about docking, but everything worked and we did not hit any other boats.
 As we get more
practice this will be less stressful.

The membership at our club is generally getting older, (I mean the average
age is going up)
and although one-class racing still attracts new sailors, it is not as many
as in past years.  The
older couples are looking for more comfort, and there are now five pocket
cruisers, but I think
the number will probably increase.

Very happy with the Rhodes so far.  Will see if I can attach a photo with
my Email.

Jim Barron