[Rhodes22-list] Triad Trailers

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Mon Jul 2 17:21:41 EDT 2007

Stan,

I do not understand your position.  I feel that it is unnecessarily harsh
and terribly short sighted.  As a long time member of the "Rhodes Family" (I
purchased my R22 in the fall of 1980) I have recommended the design and YOU
to many current R22 owners and prospects in the past 27 years.  Your
comments seem to discount the GOODWIL and CUSTOMER SUPPORT that most GB boat
owners are more than happy to provide to others.  I would think that the
future of GB lies in maintaining this alliance in an effort to sell more
R22s, not just replacement parts sold out of the plant.

My original correspondence with Triad was prompted by a discussion on this
email list with Ed (Jan 5, 2007) concerning the purchase of a new trailer.
Since I had the quotation and specifications from Triad, I simply passed it
along, in an open forum, when the topic arose.  If I were to buy a
replacement trailer, it is ridiculous to think that I would travel to NC to
pick it up, when they are manufactured in CT.  Triad made the point that
they would compensate GB for any sales made with them; case closed - you get
paid whether the purchase is direct or not.  Where's the problem?

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY