[Rhodes22-list] GPS/Depth Sounder Questions

Daniel Snyder dancsnyder at comcast.net
Mon Jul 2 18:24:20 EDT 2007

Dave, when Stan built my boat last year he installed my Lowrance LMS 333
(or something close like that).  This unit has an internal antenna and
uses a transducer that transmits through the hull, installed with an
epoxy mix on the floor of the lazarette.  I bought one of the those
flexible arm swivel RAM mounts from Cabelas.  It fastens to a very small
ball (looks like a tiny trailer hitch ball) that Stan mounted low and to
the starboard side of the companionway entrance.  Wiring enters the
cabin under the starboard seat into the switch panel.  This is a dual
sonar and gps chartplotter and it works extremely well.  Anyhow, I'm
very pleased with it.  Dan in NH