[Rhodes22-list] Perfect Day on the Chesapeake

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Tue Jul 3 09:56:00 EDT 2007

The dog is probably under 100 lbs. dry.  I straddled the coaming, grabbed his
harness and pulled like he was 300 lbs.  He flew out of the water, and once
he got his paws on the coaming, he flew into the cabin.  I'm not even sure
if he touched the cockpit during flight.  The entire DOB maneuver took
seconds.

Had I not been in an adrenaline-induced panic, I still think it would've
been easy.  Part of the dog's weight was supported by the water.  When my
petite wife and I rushed to one side, the boat heeled so it wasn't much of a
pull to get him in the cockpit.

I'll give him another chance at sailing.  If he pukes again or seems
miserable, he may have to stay home.