[Rhodes22-list] Reply to Bob, Brad, Wally (political, terrorism, etc.)

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 08:52:57 EDT 2007

Wally,

You're right, it isn't rocket science.  Iran is the real enemy and isn't
going away.  Iran is sandwiched between Iraq and Afghanastan  If we pull out
of Iraq now (despite our recent gains) Iran will fill the vacuum.  You're
stuck on "who shot John?"  It doesn't matter if Bush was right to go into
Iraq, that is where we are now.  We have to ask ourselves, what will happen
if we leave prematurely?  I could never figure out in business school why
the concept of "sunk costs" was so difficult for some students to grasp.
This is no different.  Get your emotions and politics out of the reasoning
process and look at the current situation for what it is, not what could
have been or what you would have liked it to have been.  If the election
were today and Billary or that Irish guy O'bama took office tomorrow, they'd
probably decide to stick around the Middle East a bit longer after the first
security briefing, given the alternatives.

Solve the world's problems for awhile. This morning, I've got to train an
over 60 S/O on international flight operations who just left the MD-11 as a
Captain flying all over the world.  This should be fun!

Brad