[Rhodes22-list] Question for Brad about Iraq Information (political)

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Tue Jul 10 09:39:26 EDT 2007

Brad:

In the past few weeks, you sent several web references about Iraq.  And I
have Yon's homepage from my search for his famous picture.

Somewhere amongst the web information was a paragraph that Yon reported
about what U. S. surge forces found in an area that had been recently under
control of Al Qaeda in Iraq.  That paragraph is being widely reported about
on certain media the last couple of days.

That paragraph discussed the way Al Qaeda was treating local Iraqis in areas
that they controlled.  Specifically just killing families occupying houses
that they wanted and the incident where they invited a family to dinner and
served them their 11 year old son baked like a pig with an apple stuffed in
his mouth.

I saw the aforementioned paragraph, but can no longer find it.  By chance do
you have the web site where it is posted?

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum:

Why the Peaceful Majority is Irrelevant
By Paul Marek
FrontPageMagazine.com | March 1, 2006

I used to know a man whose family were German aristocracy prior to World War
Two. They owned a number of large industries and estates. I asked him how
many German people were true Nazis, and the answer he gave has stuck with me
and guided my attitude toward fanaticism ever since.

“Very few people were true Nazis" he said,

"but, many enjoyed the return of German pride, and many more were too busy
to care. I was one of those who just thought the Nazis were a bunch of
fools. So, the majority just sat back and let it all happen. Then, before we
knew it, they owned us, and we had lost control, and the end of the world
had come. My family lost everything. I ended up in a concentration camp and
the Allies destroyed my factories."

We are told again and again by "experts" and "talking heads" that Islam is
the religion of peace, and that the vast majority of Muslims just want to
live in peace.

Although this unquantified assertion may be true, it is entirely irrelevant.
It is meaningless fluff, meant to make us feel better, and meant to somehow
diminish the specter of fanatics rampaging across the globe in the name of
Islam. The fact is, that the fanatics rule Islam at this moment in history.
It is the fanatics who march. It is the fanatics who wage any one of 50
shooting wars world wide. It is the fanatics who systematically slaughter
Christian or tribal groups throughout Africa and are gradually taking over
the entire continent in an Islamic wave. It is the fanatics who bomb,
behead, murder, or honor kill. It is the fanatics who take over mosque after
mosque. It is the fanatics who zealously spread the stoning and hanging of
rape victims and homosexuals. The hard quantifiable fact is, that the
"peaceful majority" is the "silent majority" and it is cowed and extraneous.

Communist Russia was comprised of Russians who just wanted to live in peace,
yet the Russian Communists were responsible for the murder of about 20
million people. The peaceful majority were irrelevant. China's huge
population was peaceful as well, but Chinese Communists managed to kill a
staggering 70 million people.

The Average Japanese individual prior to World War 2 was not a warmongering
sadist. Yet, Japan murdered and slaughtered its way across South East Asia
in an orgy of Killing that included the systematic killing of 12 million
Chinese civilians; most killed by sword, shovel, and bayonet. And, who can
forget Rwanda, which collapsed into butchery. Could it not be said that the
majority of Rwandans were "peace loving".