[Rhodes22-list] Mast Raising, further discussion, continued

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Tue Jul 10 20:55:41 EDT 2007

David said, "only thing I can see that I am doing differently is my mast
crutch leans back, while Rummy's is leaning forward."

This could be the problem.  It does effect angle of mast.  If you look at
picture showing crutch, you will see two black lines attached near the black
brackets to guide the mast down.  These lines are tight to hold the bracket
forward.  They are attached to the rear cleats.

Also, the brack to the stern rail fits over the light as in the picture.

You will need a helper on pushing the brackets forward.  Someone has to lift
the mast and the other pushes the bracket forward, then tightens the lines
to hold the crutch forward.

Maybe some pictures by a third person are in order.

Good Luck.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p11532409/Rhodes9.jpg Rhodes9.jpg

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA